March 21, 2011


Originally uploaded by Sonia Raquel
One of my younger brother's frat brothers, Urban Jibaro, asked me yesterday if I was a "Shark Tank" fan. I responded with a "What?! I'm a hardcore – no juege!"

This show appeals to the entrepreneur in me, the artist in me, the dreamer in me, the "why-didn't-I-think-of-that!" in me, the "what-were-they-thinking?" in me... and I love it!

Right out the gate they were brutal, sharp, funny, raw, smart and 'somewhat' compassionate. Listen, I can't say enough about it. The first season was inspiring, BUT this premiere showed promise of it being even better than the first.

It makes you want to go and learn about startups or grab a venture capitalist and not let them go 'til you're done with all your questions! This show makes you root for the entrepreneurs as they're fighting for every bit of their holdings... or for the Shark(s) when they're at each other throats. My living room turns into a shouting match with our TV, and it's just two of us – against the screen. I know I just sounded a bit geeky, but this country is made of generations of people relentlessly trying to create the next best thing, or simply, a business for themselves, no? Pues, si!

It was exciting to see Shark Tank trend on Twitter ...but it was even more excited to see (on Twitter) that Chef Big Shake's website temporarily crashed because of so many visits from the viewers.  It told me that it didn't matter that he was rejected by the Sharks (millionaire investors: Mark Cuban, Jeff Foxworthy, Daymond John, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec, and Kevin O'Leary).  The people know a great product when they see it.  Did you see how pissed Daymond John got at that high-strung dude?  Ay-ya-yai!

There are very few shows out there that can capture my attention. I just don't have the time nor the patience to watch shows that aren't worth my while. But this one's a keeper... see their 'Special Preview' for yourself.

Next episode's this Friday, March 25th at 8pm, EST on ABC. Who can guess which is my favorite Shark?

Sonia Raquel
_レo√乇_

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!