December 15, 2010

Happy Holidays Everyone!

CELEBRATING and a TINY DISCLAIMER (of sorts)
It has been 6 months since I've blogged about my life in my native city and great country (yep, I'm patriotic -- to this country and some others). I've accomplished a lot but not nearly enough. At the same time, I'm excited about what's to come in 2011. If you know me, you know I'm respectful of all opinions, as I listen, but I might have to respectfully say something about it. hehehe... With this, I know that this world is full of all types of beliefs and submissions to entities higher than themselves. But once in a while, I will talk about Who I believe in and rely on for things that are out of my reach or out of my realm of possibilities. But I'll never get "preachy" or "religious". Those things are boring to me. The Almighty, however, impresses me all the time. "For I can do all things (accomplishments) through HIM who strengthens me."

QUICK CATCH-UP
Like I said, the last six months have been full of accomplishments, most of which are setting me up for a great 2011 and future. Many of you might already know about them since you're in my FB network. But for those who are not, here's the brief rundown.

Jul 2010: 
Started Bikram Yoga 30-day Challenge.
Aug: 2010:  
Conquered 30-day Challenge!  (I lost 4lbs and 4 inches).
Sep 2010:  
Facilitated an 8-week class with my hubby on "Love & War" series by S&J Eldredge.
Oct 2010:  
NYU homework galore!  Finished facilitating "Love & War" series.
Nov 2010:  
Socialized to the umph degree. Made some power moves. More to come on that.
Dec 2010:  
Finished all my classes at NYU!  Got my certification in Digital & Graphic Design.

Ms. DAISY MARTINEZ (wepa baby!!!)

Who's seen Daisy Martinez on PBS doing her "thang"?  I have.

I was excited to recently see Daisy on the CBN channel.  Kudos to her on that appearance.  She baked a chocolate-cherry bread pudding.  After seeing that dessert, I just knew I had to buy her new book "Daisy's Holiday Cooking".  Mind you, I don't ever cook using recipes... I always wing it.  But, as a result, I can't bake since a person can't wing it when baking.  It's a pleasure to find a fellow boriqua that cooks latin dishes fusioned with American influences while keeping the our culture and its flavors intact.  Main streaming it!

Here's Daisy creating Coquito (the Puerto Rican equivalent of the eggnog with a variety of tropical ingredients, mainly coconut milk).  Coquito tastes so good, it actually tastes better than eggnog.  But don't just take my word for it, try it.  



Share|

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!