April 1, 2010

It's a love-hate relationship –– this New York state of mind thing.

I was born in Brooklyn, grew up in Manhattan and you would think I'd be use to it by now, BUT no. Does is run in my blood? Every winter I want to bounce to Aruba and go visit my family. I simply do not like winters. My fam lives in a perpetual state of summertime over there! It rains very little but they've worked that out. Anyhow, I witnessed my abuelo's wisdom, firsthand, as he'd hop on a plane to Aruba –– as soon as the tip of the first leaf would turn light green to yellow... lol. He always came back though. He always came back to this city.

As a child, I was as in tune with nature as you can be in this concrete jungle. I knew when the seasons were about to change just by the scent of the river or the shift of the trees' shadows. These kinds of clues would give away nature's timing to me. I'm still in tune, even with nature's recent erratic behavior.

I've fallen in love with this city again –– for the 42nd time. It's short-lived but I enjoy it while it lasts.

It's time to hit the open mic circuit again! Ai-ya-yai!

Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!