April 14, 2009

In my pursuit of happiness,
         I call him just to say "hi"...

In his pursuit of guiltlessness,
         he answers and says "goodbye"...

In my pursuit of happy times,
         I ask to cook for him,
         but he politely declines...

In his pursuit of silent moments,
         he reaches for his liquid solace,
         thinking he'll gain some peace of mind...

In my pursuit of his self,
         I ask him "...just be my father",
         but all he wants is to be my friend...

In this endless pursuit of all that is good,
         I loose, I find, those timeless dreams
         which may never come true…

My pursuit of him is over,
         I've grown up,
         now it's time to move on…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!